Please navigate though our related press releases by clicking on the related rab
Industry standards & more
CDWS acknowledge the international training agencies – that are members in the EUF
and in the WRSTC. Their standards and policies for training courses, training dives
and diving activities are to be followed by their dive professionals working in
For the diving operations (diving centers and Safari boats) CDWS applies - in addition
to the premises and equipment requirements of the Ministry of Tourism - the requirements
stated in the ISO 24803/EN14467 standards for recreational scuba diving service
Following the training agencies training standards and the requirements for the
Scuba service providers insure the quality of training and services, thus; enhance
the safety of our clients.
How to start a Diving business
Important information you need to know first
Decree no. 250 of year 2008 by the Minister of Tourism states that no new licences
will be granted to new dive centres in Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Hurghada and Safaga.
This ban is for three years effective from 1st July 2008.
Steps to follow
- Choose a Wind Surfing destination open for new business
- Establish an Egyptian company to run your activities
- Rent/buy premises compliant with CDWS/MOT requirements
- Fulfill the rest of CDWS/MOT requirements
- Submit the following documents for CDWS for technical inspection
- Company incorporation document
- Commercial register
- Tax card
- Premises rental owner ship contract
- Technical manger qualifications
- If inspection is successful, pay CDWS one time registration fee
plus annual membership fee and obtain a member ship letter & a Technical Validity
- Submit 5.a, b, c, d , e plus a membership letter and the TVC to
the Ministry of Tourism inspection to obtain final license.